Friday, May 7, 2010

Lily's Glamour Shots - December 15

Today we had Lily's 1 week old glamour shots taken. I had to book these pictures 2 months before she was born because Katie is so hard to get into around the holidays. The pictures weren't cheap but she takes such cute pictures and I get all the rights to the photos so I can print and post all the pictures I want for a lot cheaper.
I've had Lily in mittens since she was born - so she wouldn't scratch her face at all and today is the last day she has to put up with them. The sad thing is Monday morning Lily woke up with her eyes glued shut and they were all pussy. I wiped them clean but the puss just kept coming back. You know as a parent you usually always think the worst and think there is something really wrong. She seemed to still track movement so I knew she couldn't be blind. I called the pediatrician and scheduled an appointment for today. When I went in the pediatrician's assistant told me not to worry and that it was most likely just a clogged tear duct and to gently rub the corner of each eye, right next to the nose and to also put some ointment, of the prescription she wrote for me, on the bottom of each eye and that Lily would just blink the medicine into her eye. I was told to do this for a week and that it would clear up. I put the eye ointment on as soon as I got home and the puss cleared up a lot just shortly after. I was relieved. I wanted her to look her best for her pictures.
We had Lily's pictures appointment at 4pm. It was Katie Moss who took the photos. She and her husband run a business out of there basement called Peekaboo Photography. Katie Moss is one of Kyle's little sister, Katie's, highschool friend. Katie spent 4 hours with us. We got so many different shots and Lily slept through most of it, which is what she was suppose to do. And for the shots where she was awake she was a perfectly happy baby. In all of the shots Lily was almost naked. Lets put it this way - she never had a diaper on - so we all took the chance of getting peed and or pooped on. Kyle got the honors. When he was getting his pictures taken with Lily, she pooped and peed on his shirt and hands. He was a very good sport about it and just laughed it off. I brought an extra shirt for myself but I didn't think to bring him one so we cleaned him up as best we could. At least he was wearing black. Katie sayed that Lily was one of the best babies she has taken pictures of. She is one of the only babies that she has got this many sittings out of and she only had to break once for a feeding and this wasn't even because Lily was whining - Katie just needed to get another SD Card for her camera. Lily your an awesome baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment