Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our Miracle

Since, I'm a little late in starting my blog I'm going to take you back in time a little bit.
2009 was an unforgettable year for us. Kyle and I have been trying to get pregnant for 8 years now and this past year our dreams came true.
During one of my many tests I had done - a Hysterosalpingogram [HSG], which is a fertility test for tubal patency and normalcy of the uterine cavity, they discovered that I had one blocked tube and a endometrium polyp that was taking up most of my uterus. My fertility doctor, Dr. Blauer, recommended that I have the polyp removed ASAP and have it biopsied. He didn't really think it would be cancerous but he said that they would biopsy the polyp just in case. Dr. Blauer also thought one of the problems might be that this polyp was taking up so much space in my uterus that an egg had no where to attach itself to the uterine wall - therefore - no pregnancy. We scheduled surgery for February 18th and I had the polyp removed. I was so terrified of the surgery because first of all I had never been put under the knife, sorta speak, and I wasn't really sure what they were going to find out. The surgery ended up not being so bad. I was put under and 45 minutes later I woke up in the recovery room just fine.
We then had an Insemination procedure done on St Patrick's Day - March 17th. It just miraculously fell on that day. We felt pretty lucky :) I did a home pregnancy test on March 31st and that came out positive. I then went to the doctor and had a blood test done so I could know for sure and we found out on April 1st - Yep April Fools Day that we were pregnant. On April 20th we went to Dr. Blauers office and had our first Ultrasound. They called this a diagnosis ultrasound so our insurance would cover it :) All you could see on the ultrasound was a little sac with the embryo in it [i think I'm saying that right], since I was only 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. We weren't expecting it but all the sudden Dr. Blauer turned on the sound and we heard her heart beat. Once we heard that little heart beat we knew this was for real -- We're finally having a baby :)
On July 21 we had our second ultrasound where we got to find out the sex of the baby. Of course you already know it's a girl. Before they told us the sex of the baby they went through and measured every little thing and showed us where all her organs were and told us that everything looked perfect. It was so amazing to see our little girl - her little feet and hands. Right when they showed us one of her arms Kyle made the comment "Wow!" "She's got some guns on her - We'll have to call her Zena." Yep she's our little warrior princess.

I had a pretty crappy pregnancy from weeks 6 through to about 20 weeks. Instead of just morning sickness I had ALL day sickness. It sucked - especially with having to work Full Time. I spent a lot of my time in the bathroom at work just crying. I felt nauseated all day long but on most days I wasn't throwing up, which usually at least makes you feel better after you do. Anyway, even though it seemed pretty crappy during those weeks I survived and once I got into the end of July I was feeling pretty good just a little bigger then usual :)
I finished my last day of work on November 13th - it was a happy day knowing I was that much closer to meeting my little girl. The plan is to go back to work around the first week of March but now I'm having second thoughts. I just don't want to leave my little girl but on the other hand not sure we can live comfortably without the income. At least I have Kyle saying that he'd like me to stay home. I've got 6 more weeks to think about it - so we'll see.
December 4th was the big day - the day I had Lily. Everything started around 2:30 am........[more to come]

1 comment:

  1. Oh Trisha, your post made me cry. So much like me, taking 8 years, just with less surgeries for you!

    ReplyDelete